How not to write a database:
- 127 tables
- No noticeable relations between the tables (no foreign or primary keys)
- Circular referencing (not enforced by keys)
- Approximately 80 tables redundant
- Of remaining 47 tables, 50–80% of columns redundant
- No checks, triggers or indexing
I did a quick “show me a UML-ish diagram of this database” in SQL Server. It drew me a long dashed line. That’s odd, I thought, until I zoomed in to find each dash was actually table, entirely disconnected from all the other tables.
I’m going to have a devil of a time doing an import off this beastie. “Pro”, my arse. I’d hate to think what the Amateur version looked like.